- How can I contact the County Board
- Is the Courthouse wheelchair accessible?
- Where can I get a copy of a birth or death certificate?
- Where can I register to vote?
- Who do I speak to about problems I am having with a department?
- When should I expect to receive my County Tax Bill?
- When is my County Tax Bill Due?
- What should I do if I don’t receive my tax bill?
- Can I pay my tax bill by credit card?
- Who do I make my check payable to? What address do I use?
- What penalties are charged if I do not pay my bill on time?
- Can payments be made on the County Tax Bill other than on the due date?
- If my taxes are incorrectly billed, how do I receive a refund?
- Does my mortgage company receive a copy of my tax bill?
- How do I change my mailing address on my account?
- Does the County give an exemption to Senior Citizens, Disability, or State 65 exemption?
- Are property taxes billed on a calendar year or some other basis?
- How will I be affected if the check I mail does not clear my bank (?bounces?)?
- Why should I pay a penalty on a late payment when I never received my tax bill?
- I paid my bill and my mortgage company paid it also, what do I do?
Tax bills are mailed the first week in May.
Tax bills are due the first week in June. The County will not honor postmarks.
Contact Concepte County Town Hall at 618-555-1234.
The Concepte County, Illinois currently accepts Master Card, Visa, and Discover. To make payment over the phone with your credit card, you must first complete a Credit Card Authorization Form with Concepte County, Illinois.
Make checks, money orders, or cashier checks payable to: Concepte County Treasurer, 123 Happy Lane, Bldg. B, sunny, IL 11111. Note: Please provide property ID number when making payment to ensure payment is applied to the proper account.
The penalty rate is 5% per month.
Yes, but that does not stop the penalty from being applied to the account on any unpaid delinquent balance.
By contacting the Concepte County tax department, the complaint will be researched. The process takes anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to receive a refund.
The Concepte County does not forward tax bills to the property owner’s mortgage company. It is the property owner’s responsibility to ensure their mortgage company pays their taxes timely each year. Escrow contracts are between the property owner and their mortgage company.
Address changes for real estate taxes are handled by Supervisor of Assessments. The County requires a change of address form be filled out and signed by the property owner before any changes are made to an account.
The Town of Georgetown does not give exemptions for property taxes.
Property taxes are billed on a tax year from May 1 to April 30.
Payment will be reversed off the account. Your account will also be charged a $30 returned check fee. The County does not re-deposit checks.
It is the property owner’s responsibility to ensure their taxes are paid timely each year. Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve the taxpayer of his responsibility for timely payment or constitute cause for cancellation of penalty.
When payment is received and credited to an account, that account is automatically updated with the payment. If a duplicate payment is received, the payment system will show a zero amount due. The duplicate payment will be returned to the mortgage company, at which time the property owner should contact the mortgage company to receive a refund or credit (and vice- versa if mortgage company paid first, then the property owner mailed in a payment).
If you have problems with any office, please call that office and discuss your situation with them or call the County Switchboard at 618-523-2700 Option 1, so that your call can be directed to the correct department.